A journey through my mind. Which is sometimes fabulous. Often not.

Monday, October 8, 2007

Busy Bee

I've been keeping busy these past couple of weeks. Not really on purpose... it just kind of happened. Here's what I've done, and what looms ahead:

October 1: I got bravedy brave and mentioned my interest in library school in the middle of a casual email to my boss, who in turn, told her boss, who in turn, pounced on me in the hallway and said, "I think it's a great idea that you go to Drexel, don't you? Don't you think it's a great idea?" :)

October 2: I met with two people who are in the Drexel program (Library and Information Science) who gushed about the online program and how much they've enjoyed it. Needless to say, it wasn't difficult for me to decide to do this program, especially since I was already leaning toward this school.

October 3: I started my online application. And thought about having to study for the GREs, write my personal statement, ask for recommendations...

October 4: Finally crafted another curious creature this evening after a weeklong hiatus of crafting. It actually wasn't THAT curious, it was fat little yellow chick that looked like a chick, but also resembled a pumpkin (in the lines and creases). I'll upload a picture of my creatures when I can. I've given them all to my mom to sell but I was sure to take a picture as proof that I made them!

October 5: Went to the doctor's with my sister and her husband and heard her baby's heartbeat on the monitor. THUMP THUMP THUMP WHAMMO THUMP THUMP and the nurse said, "We've got a kicker here!!!" Then my sister and I headed off to Disneyland and walked around. Nightmare Before Christmas is installed already at the Haunted Mansion. The park was packed!! Got home late, and went to bed late.

October 6: Got up at the buttcrack of dawn to go fishing with Rick's family. Caught a whole bunch of nothing, while this little 12 year old next to me caught this 14" trout. I also drove around the town with Rick's mom, visited the antique shops and stopped for some ice cream. Got home around 7pm and passed out. Our poor baby Sammie was totally confused since she'd been sleeping all day and wanted to come out to play!! But we covered her before 9pm and hit the hay.

October 7: Had to take my grandpa out to the flea market my 7am alarm was too much noise so Rick shut it off... only for me to jump out of bed at 7:45 and rush out the door. Got some more cute linens, vintage kiddie patches, and some antique sewing notions. All still usable!

October 8: Today is Monday. And I've done a lot of records today, but am feeling super tired. Like I've pulled all-nighters in college. ;) The employee appreciation sale at the bookstore started today so I spent $50 on few gifts for people for Christmas, and I got some museum wax for my stuff at home in case the big anticipated earthquake hits soon... And I'm going to visit my friend Austin at his new condo tonight after work.

Coming up this weekend: My sister's birthday.. I hope she's not reading this... so I can't say much more about the weekend... I think she knows she's getting a party, though.. She demanded that she get one!!

We should be having our annual fire drill here at work sometime this month, usually on a Monday, when the Center is closed to the public. On the 22nd there will be a Benefits fair and I think I'll get my cholesterol and blood glucose checked this time (which reminds me that I need to call my doctor for my annual checkup). And they'll be selling emergency kits. I have to replace the ones I got from 2003, so I'm excited. I hope they have new kits.

October 20: Burbank Animal Shelter orientation at 9am. I signed up a few weeks ago, thinking I kind of need pet therapy and I've always wanted to volunteer at the shelters to help out. Now that I'm going to be starting Library school in January (oh wait, that's right, I have to APPLY first and then get accepted...!), I was worried I wouldn't have time to volunteer. But I'm going to the orientation anyways; they only require 8 hours of volunteer time per month. So I hope I can do it.

October 21: CHOC walk at Disneyland, benefitting the Children's Hospital of Orange County. It's a 3 mile long walk around Dland, CA, and Downtown Disney. My sister wants to spend the night before the walk since the walk starts at 7am sharp and she doesn't want to get up at 5 to make it down there on time. But that's all dependant on if she's feeling well enough to walk THREE miles now that she's pregnant. :)

October 26: Scrapbook Expo in Ontario. I'm going to take the day off and my sister and I are going to spend all day elbowing ladies at the dollar bins. :)

October 27: Hopefully this day we'll be able to get out fishing again. Perhaps the same lake, Gregory, or one closer to us, Castaic.

It's been a busy, busy month! Or, it's GOING to be a busy, busy month!

1 comment:

dailycraft said...

I went to Disneyland last Friday too..... why didn't I see you???! I also ran into my brother, sister-in-law and their new baby, Brian's cousin and her baby, and a group of my other friends there too! But no Mingers... maybe next time :)