A journey through my mind. Which is sometimes fabulous. Often not.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Pooped Pup

I am one pooped-out pup.

Thursday night I cleaned the house. I was so tired from running errands on Wednesday night and thinking about all the plans coming up ahead, so I decided to clean. I cleaned out the fridge, and in a lazy attempt to throw out pickled carrots from months ago, I stuffed it down the garbage disposal instead of throwing it in the trash and taking the trash out. So.. of course.. I clogged the drain and the disposal and the whole thing started backing up on me. I panicked and kept the disposal running but the water just kept coming up, burping up gross pickled smells and dirt from the inside of the drain. I totally bawled because I was so tired and look what I just did!!!! I called my mommy ;) and she walked me through the process of unclogging the disposal. :) Later that evening, I tried to run water again, and the disposal is clear, but there is definitely a clog in the drain. :(

On Friday I left work early to make it to a birthday dinner with friends. It took me over an hour to get there, but of course, I was one of the first people to arrive. ;) I got a glass of wine at the bar to start off the evening. The guest of honor showed up maybe just 10 minutes later and we moved into the banquet room. About 30 minutes later, the 8 sips of wine had totally relaxed me and I was ready to pass out in the dining hall, and I didn't care who saw me sleeping. I stayed awake and managed somehow to stumble to the restroom a little while later. And I was so tired that as I was washing my hands and staring at the dark circles under my eyes in the mirror, I didn't even notice that I was washing my hands in a sink filled with vomit!!!!! I think I even touched it before looking down and seeing the stuff in there. And I panicked and thought to myself, DID I DO THAT?!

So sad. I got home around 10pm and crashed. The next morning, I got up early, refreshed, to get my sister's SURPRISE birthday party going!! Rick and I drove to this 99cent store near my sister's house to get cheap helium balloons. $1.29 for mylar, 50cents for regular solid color ones. Did you know Party City's balloons cost about $6 each?! So I got a whole bouquet-ful of balloons for only $11. Cheapness!!!

There were a few setbacks and miscommunications throughout the morning, but when my sister finally showed up to the party, boy, was she surprised!!! She practically was going to cry and tried not to. :) So we had food and cake and presents and it was nice. :) Then her husband had to go to bed so Rick and I stayed with my sister and watched the NASCAR race and played Guitar Hero. :)

On Sunday, yesterday, I took my sister to Disneyland and we had breakfast at the Plaza Inn, where there was buffet and character greetings. :) So we got lots of pictures with all these different Disney characters, even Gepetto and Captain Hook!! :) I even got rough-housed by Brer Bear from Splash Mountain...!! Three times!!! I guess the guy in that costume really liked me...

We walked around a bit after breakfast, and when my sister said to go see the Aladdin show at CA, I thought it was such a perfect idea since her husband was going to SURPRISE her later that afternoon, and it would be perfect timing, rather than try to figure out where we'd be next and have him track us down. So with lots of secretive phone calls and text messages during the Aladdin show, her husband was waiting for us outside the theater, and while my sister and I were walking out (I saw him, she didn't), he snuck up along side us and surprised her!!!!! And this time, she cried!!! ;)

I had called too late on Friday to make reservations for dinner for Blue Bayou and their only opening was for 9pm. Now that my sister's husband was finally there, I could tell her that I wanted to take her to Blue Bayou for dinner - and so she called to see if there were any cancellations - and there were!! Talk about good karma! We got a reservation for 5:30! So after a while, we headed on over to the restaurant and checked to make sure our reservation got moved. Of course it didn't (computer system when you call vs. paper reservation slips when you walk up) and so we had to do some explaining. We actually got seated around 5:15 and we even got a table on the water!!!! So nice!! I stuffed my face with prime rib, creamed potatoes, and sauteed spinach. Soooo good. And our whole meal came out to be free too since my sister had a "rewards" card which is pretty much free money (cashback) from her using her Disney Visa. :)

We ended the evening walking out during the fireworks. Not my sister's idea of a good end to an evening, but it was still a really good day!! I even got to go on Big Thunder Mtn with my brother in law. :) I got home around 11pm and flipped through my Nightmare Before Christmas sheet music that I had bought at Dland before crashing, yet again.

Today is Monday and after lengthy research and emailing back and forth on Friday and this morning, I booked a room at the Hotel Menage for this weekend for the CHOC walk. And when I tried to cancel the other room I had booked at another hotel on Friday, they had no record of me. So I had to tell the reservation lady that I had gotten a confirmation email and yaddi yaddi yaddi. I still have to get a confirmation from this lady to make sure my reservation is cancelled!! So I've been dealing with all that today. Sheesh. Talk about being pooped.

I'm about to fall asleep on my keyboard here. And I almost don't care if I make a giant KERPLUNKEDY THUD RATTLE if I can just get a few seconds of shuteye.

Tomorrow, the Transformers movie is coming out on DVD! Just another thing to remember that I HAVE to do...! :)

Saturday is the Animal Shelter orientation at 9am and then I'm heading back down to Dland for the weekend. :) I don't know when I'm going to have time to study for the GRE's and write my personal essay... *sigh*

No comments: