A journey through my mind. Which is sometimes fabulous. Often not.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

At max capacity

My brain has been very full lately. Between wedding planning, drafting comparison charts, and learning how Dialog works for this week's school assignment, I've barely had any room in my head to concentrate on WORK during the day. I mean, REAL work. The kind I get paid to do. Last week I had to work on cleaning up some Styles and Periods, which wasn't as simple as it seemed when I got the project; I ended up doing an extensive search on Turkmenistan and the history of the country's origins. And I just don't have the patience or brain capacity for reading the whole encyclopedia and deciding what kind of information is important to retain.

Well anyways, that was last week. This week I'm forcing myself to get back on track: work during my work hours and spend my lunch break doing homework (after quickly stuffing my face).

Today, during a break I found this. I think we will use this song during the processional for our wedding ceremony.

Wedding Song (There is Love)
-Noel Paul Stookey
ca. 1971

He is now to be among you at the calling of your hearts.
Rest assured this troubador is acting on His part.
The union of your spirits here has caused Him to remain,
For whenever two or more of you are gathered in His name,
There is love. There is love.

A man shall leave his mother, and a woman leave her home.
They shall travel on to where the two should be as one.
As it was in the beginning is now and 'til the end,
Woman draws her life from man and gives it back again,
And there is love. There is love.

Well then what's to be the reason for becoming man and wife?
Is it love that brings you here or love that brings you life?
And if loving is the answer, then who's the giving for?
Do you believe in something that you've never seen before?
Oh, there's love. Oh, there’s love.

Oh, the marriage of your spirits here has caused Him to remain,
Or whenever two or more of you are gathered in His name,
There is love. Oh, there’s love.

Some other songs for use during the ceremony:
Eva Cassidy – Songbird
Charlotte Church & Josh Groban – The Prayer
Mercyme – I Can Only Imagine
Twila Paris – How Beautiful

I've also decided what I want to walk down the aisle to, but I'm not divulging that info here. :)

No comments: