A journey through my mind. Which is sometimes fabulous. Often not.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Lists: the bane of my existence... or my savior???

It's been a couple of weeks since the last post. Can't believe it's already February. How time flies! Since I've been uber busy lately, I've been making lists to keep organized and sane. I usually don't like lists because I find them to be restrictive and stressful. Like going to the grocery store and bringing a list makes me feel like I can only buy those things on the list, get in and get out, and I had better hurry up! However, during times of stress like now, I turn to those lists with open arms and embrace their inherent stability and guidance.

My agenda for this week:
Wednesday - finish up Week 5 lectures. Hopefully start the assignment.

Friday - off-Friday! Finish my assignment for the week, start on the Final Project that is due March 15. Alyssa's 18th birthday party!

Saturday - assemble baby shower invitations with the other hostesses over breakfast. Chinese New Year dinner with my family - and FINALLY announce our engagement. I'm nervous because announcing something like this calls attention to us. And that is not always a good thing in my family.

Sunday - I have a free ticket to the movies that expires 2/13. Better use it today. The Rose Bowl flea market is also on this day. And I want to scope out the Amtrak station in Burbank to see where it is and where I need to go when I take it next month. Being a SoCal girl who has always had private transportation via automobile, taking the bus or train is a foreign concept. I'm better at flying than riding the bus!

My list of current open projects:
- Drexel.
- Wait on student loans for 2008-2009 school year.
- Taxes. Ugh. Unfortunately, I'm in a new tax bracket. I want my money back.
- Wedding, finagling the date... this fall or next spring. Do people usually pick the date they want before finding/checking their sites?
- Church, looking for one in the Corona area that does Sunday afternoon ceremonies.
- Reception site, not available in November except for Thanksgiving weekend. Bleh.
- Baby shower prep. I'm responsible for prizes and postage stamps for the invites.
- Crafting has been on the back, back burner. But my mom has given me some tote bags and appliques to put on them. And wants some by March.

Coming up:
February 13: Film crew to make a video of us at work for the Computerworld awards. :)
February 19: Mid-year review.
March 1: Hsin's baby shower.
March 10: Carli's birthday.
March 11-14: VRA conference. I'm taking the train down to San Diego. My first conference EVER! I'm nervous. I've never spent a night in a hotel by myself before let alone three nights.
April 25-27: 11th year anniversary trip to San Diego (we planned this before I found out about the conference).

And just a week ago (feels like forever ago for me) I got a new 17" LCD monitor flat screen here at work. And a new 19" LCD television to replace the old, fat, and no-sound bedroom tv at home. Not to mention the new printer I haven't set up yet, to replace the old one that will go to my grandparents' house's guest bedroom computer. And I haven't set up my mom's computer or digital camera yet - to-do's from my Christmas list!!!!!

With all of this going on, who has time for Super Tuesday?!

No comments: