A journey through my mind. Which is sometimes fabulous. Often not.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Winding down

This weekend I finally finished my app. YIPPEE!! I actually had a really good and relaxing weekend. :) On Saturday, Rick and I went to breakfast at our usual greasy-spoon diner, Ben's, stopped at the farmer's market across the street, and just a block away was the West Coast Artists' Fine Arts Festival going on in Downtown Burbank. We spent a good 2 hours walking the street fair, checking out the jewelry, paintings, and modern art ideas. It was so much fun! The end (or beginning) of the fair started right at the mall so we walked inside and browsed some of the mall stores there. I almost got an Old Navy coat since they're having a 40% off sale this week, but they were out of my size - and I realized the next day that I can't do math and I thought 60% of $90 was somehow $36 ( 9 x 6 = 36, like DUH) so of course, much to my surprise, it was actually $54 so good thing they didn't have my size. Stupid me. How am I supposed to do well on the GREs when I can't even do multiplication????!

Later that evening we went out to dinner with our good friends, Raul and Kathleen, to a Chinatown place that was supposed to be a jazz club, but they didn't have their jazz band playing that night. We ended up leaving and going to Hop Louie just around the corner for dinner, and that was pretty good. :) Stopped in a couple of those little shops that were still open, and then headed back to their place for some TV. Ended up watching many episodes of Robot Chicken, and I gotta say - that series is for someone with extreme ADHD. Someone like me. :) I enjoyed it sooo much and was the only one of us who didn't fall asleep from over-stimulation.

On Sunday I final-proofed my essay, whipped up my resume, and packed up my app to go. It's out of my hands now! This Wednesday I'm taking the day off to take the stupid GRE so hopefully that will go alright. I've been having anxiety dreams about the test, so I really hope I don't get a migraine that day. $140 is not fun to waste.

Things are coming along nicely. I'm happy that all my loose ends and busy weekends are winding down slowly, even as I try to find activities to do on the weekends. Perhaps next weekend I will finally be able to take Rick up to the Griffith Observatory. We can now park up on the hill instead of taking the shuttle, so I'm expecting crowds to be at a max.

Disneyland this Friday!! :) Maybe this time I will go on rides by myself while my pregnant sister patiently waits. She's having a girl!!

Recent craft ideas:
Mini origami crab and crane earrings. I have small gold foil paper (about 4" x 4") that will fold into small crabs and cranes. :)

Mini felt horses, giraffes, snails. The instructions I had been working from were a good, basic introduction to understanding the design and layout of bunnies and kittens. Now I can try to make my own favorite critters with the techniques I've learned.

Annette reminded me that Felt Club is coming this Sunday! I'm going to try to make it.

I've also just set up an eBay selling account and am trying to get rid of some of my stuff. Nothing great, really, just some new, old shoes. I love my high heels but sometimes they just hurt me too much.

Thanksgiving is coming up very soon....