A journey through my mind. Which is sometimes fabulous. Often not.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Gobble, gobble, *choke*, *hack*

So it's Monday. And I had the strangest and shortest work week last week and a long weekend to boot. I'm back to the grind, but things happened today that tripped up the wonderful, euphoric flow I had going.

Well first of all, I went to Felt Club yesterday and spent $60 on this:

And someone decided she wanted to play too (it's a crochet kit of 2 snails in a toadstool):


So anyways I get to work early and decide to be good and not have coffee, but tea instead. I start working and check out some of my blogs to catch up from the short week I had, and saw that two of my eBay auctions have sold and been paid for! OMG! I'm, like, 12 hours behind!! So I send off an email to the buyers saying thanks and that their stuff will go out tomorrow. And I hope my tardiness (ok, so it's just a matter of hours... but still) doesn't affect their giving me good feedback on my 0 feedbacks so far. And I have to get Rick to ship them out for me tomorrow.

Then get this email about my application to grad school. To make a dramatic story short and not so dramatic, an aspect of my application is incomplete, yet I have a perfectly good answer to why it is incomplete, and there is nothing I can really do about it being incomplete as it's out of my hands. I ask what steps I need to take, and get emailed that it's required. I email back, saying Yes I know, but what should I do now? and get emailed that it's required. Yeah. Pain in the butt much? And it's signed by an actual person, so it's not like it's automated, although you could have fooled me with the robotic unintelligence.

So then I find out we get a 20% discount on tuition. But you can either do that OR get work credit. So then I have to do math (UGH) and try to figure out what's the best 'deal'. And then I realize that I didn't get any financial aid so no loans to help me out, so can afford to take two classes a quarter??

I get a few emails from my mom with her updating me about things going on and then I get depressed. Sheesh. Not that it's her fault, it's just that Sh*t happens sometimes. And you can't always prepare for it.

I was hoping this week was going to go super smoothly since it's short and a lot of people are on vacation so things in general should be quiet. Maybe it still can be. But I'm already stressed and I haven't even thought about the impending holiday yet. Which is a smaller stressor than Christmas, but still a stressor.

Ergo, I wish you a happy Gobble, Gobble, Gobble... while I Gobble, Gobble, *choke*, *hack*, *cough*, *grunt*.

No comments: