A journey through my mind. Which is sometimes fabulous. Often not.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Busy Busy

What have I gotten myself into lately?!

Well, first of all, I got bitten by the travel bug and have this urgent need to book hotel rooms in any location. Let's get a room in the next city! It's just too far to drive back home!

But I seriously need to get cracking on these final papers. I've got one due on Sunday and the other due on Tuesday. And I just started my first one yesterday. Don't even know what I'm going to write for the second one. YIKES! *sigh*

So here's my calendar. I'm such a social butterfly these days it seems.

Tomorrow, March 12: Lunch with Lizzy Lucus and Evie. I met Liz back in my piano-pounding days. We were duet partners. She grew up and got her education in piano performance. I grew up and forgot all about my key signatures and technique. Through the magical world of Facebook, I discovered that Liz was a mutual friend between me and Evie, a girl who works in my building. So that's what this lunch is all about. And baby Madeleine, Lizzy's 2nd child, is turning ONE! Lizzy managed to make it to our wedding and then gave birth to Madeleine two days after!

March 14: Paper due. Also going to California Adventure to redeem the free part of Ricklet's 2fer ticket. Not sure how that will work out....

March 20: Possibly lunch with Viv, who's getting married on the same day as Carli. :) All this Clairbourn activity.

March 27: Bella's 2nd birthday party!!! Gotta help out with the carnival set-up. I think I'm manning the tattoo booth.

March 29: Bella's REAL 2nd birthday! And Spring quarter starts. ;(

April 3: Paul and Sarah's baby shower. *sigh*

April 10: Joey's 1st birthday party, up in Santa Barbara.

April 16: Taylor Swift concert with Carina!

April 17: Victor and Wendy's wedding in Fullerton. Annettie pie's wedding is this day too :( so I can't make it to what I imagine will be the most unique wedding ever with some traditional Armenian flair.

April 24: Glen Ivy! This is our $ saving idea for our anniversary celebration.

April 25: Madeleine's 1st birthday party! Already RSVPed no since it's our anniversary weekend... but maybe I'll change my mind later since we're planning on Glen Ivy the day before.

May 28-30: Carli's bachelorette party in Napa!!

June 13-19: Our annual summer getaway trip. We just decided today to head up the California coast again and do a road trip during single week of my "summer break," up through Cambria and Big Sur to Monterey (just for the aquarium), stopping up and down the coastline for a week. :) At the end of which is the beginning of the Summer quarter. ;(

July 10: Carli and Don's wedding in Sorrento Valley! (and Viv's wedding in Fallbrook).

Gosh. That's a lot of parties and stuff. I don't know when I'm going to have time to concentrate on hardcore stuff like digital library technologies and competitive intelligence. Huh?

:)

1 comment:

Meghann P. said...

Greetings from Glen Ivy!

I hope that you and your husband have a wonderful anniversary! We're all so happy that you are sharing such a special day with us! Since I know you have a very busy schedule, feel free to contact me if you need any help in planning your day! See you soon in paradise!

-Meghann P.